Questionnaire for author interview-
1.How does an idea come for a story come to you?
A: I believe every human life is story waiting for the right author to weave.
2. At what age did you start writing?
A: During childhood at age of 7 years till high school. Then in my late forties.
3. Is this your first book?
A: Momsie Popsie Diary Tea time chit chat on living life is my debut book.
4. What is the story in your book about?
A: Tea time conversations of the author with her parents have been transformed into life learning lessons. Every conversation has a meaningful lesson.
5. Why did you name your book as ‘Momsie Popsie Diary’?
A: I call my parents as Momsie and Popsie and these write ups were my Diary entries. The conversations revolve around tea time.
6. Which is your favorite character from this book?
A: The genre is non-fiction Biographies/Memoir – Inked from my soul. Entire book is my favorite.
7. What do you think is more important- the words used or the feelings?
A: Both complement each other and are equally important.
8. if a favorite character of your favorite book comes alive in front of you, what would you say?
A: I would say,” Momsie! You taught me everything, but did not teach me how to live without you. Maybe, from this juncture, I am on my own. Love you Maa, from this world to your world, till we meet again: up there.”
9. Is there a particular time of the day when you write your ideas? When?
A: Late evenings, post dinner when my mind is relaxed and thoughtless.
10. Just like you are an inspiration to others, who is/are your inspiration?
A: Dr. Christian Barnard, Mother Teresa
11. What do you consider to be your biggest accomplishment?
A: Penning down what I learnt in last four and a half decades in form of a book. A perfect ode to my mother. Verba Volant : Scripta manent.
12. They say, “Nobody can judge you, as much as you yourself can.” Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
A: In a happy space, living life on my own terms close to nature.
13. What would you do if you weren’t into writing?
A: I am a doctor –Radiologist. Writing is my passion. This acts like mental therapy. My call!
14. How do you react to the reviews that you get about your writing from your readers?
A: I read them very carefully and try to identify areas of improvement in my content/ style.
15. Which is your favorite fictional character?
A: Phantom and Mandrake the magician.
16. Who is your favorite author?
A: Ruskin Bond, Sir Jim Corbett, Kenneth Anderson, Jack Canfield, Mark Victor.
17. List any 3 books that you would recommend to our readers.
A: (1) Momsie Popsie Diary Tea time chit chat on living life by Juju’s Pearls.
(2) The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
(3) Arthshastra ( Chanakya)
18. Is there one specific subject you would never write about? What would that be?
A: None. I am open to all subjects.
19. Which is your favorite genre? Why?
A: Non-fiction. People don’t share their experiences, may be due to fear of being judged and try their best to mask everything to portray their life and relations as perfect. It’s a fake world. If every human soul learns to share authentically, this world would become happy place. Love, peace and harmony will prevail.
Helping others heal is a path to self healing. –Juju’s Pearls.
20. Which genre, according to you, is the most difficult to write?
A: Non-fiction. One needs to be honest with oneself and write in a balanced way.
21. Are you working on your next? What is it about?
A: I have published 14 books so far which are available as a Paperback & eBook on all e-commerce sites in Indian and International market. Debut book Momsie Popsie Diary tea time chit on living life ranked Amazon #2 hot new seller and 10th book –My Mind’s Café 28 stories for a love tooth ranked #9 hot new seller. Her 15th book –Momsie Popsie Diary 2.0 Reimagining Life’s Tapestry is going to be live by 12th July, 2023. Her 16th book on ICU is under publication process. Two more books (under writing process.)
22. What is your message to other budding poets/writers?
A: Write with honesty and do dwell upon the change your writings will bring about in this world. Aim for a world filled with love, harmony and peace. Always remember pen is mightier than sword. Use your sword wisely. Remember, Verba Volant, scripta manent (Spoken word fly, written ones remain.)